Thursday, February 16, 2012

P52 Week 7 - True Love

This photo has a story.

Recently, I looked at Yannos and he looked completely different to me while being perfectly familiar. We have known each other since we were 12. I know right - totally crazy. Almost 18 years. Dating for 10. Married for 4.

I have seen him grow taller, fill out, get a jaw line, become a man. For the first time, I noticed wrinkles around his eyes that didn't go away with a change in expression and I burst into tears. Happy ones. It filled me with so much joy to be on this journey with him and to actually notice the passage of time.

A few days later, I saw that I have the same thing now.

I told him, "I have wrinkles now too."
He said, "We are living the dream."
"The dream?"
"The dream of growing old together."

And here is how we spent the rest of the day. Me, watching him, love our daughter. True Love. 

7 comments:

  1. That is the sweetest thing. Ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best dream and reality, is growing old together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow - a gorgeous photo that tells the story. so beautiful!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet sweet sweet. Great moment and photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the post, and the way he looks at your daughter in that photo is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete