Friday, March 23, 2012

Grill ALL the food

It's grilling season!

I love grilling. Correction. I love eating things that are grilled. I don't actually do the grilling (thank you Yannos). Which may be part of the reason I love it so much.

For real though, everything tastes better grilled.

Corn. Yes.

Peaches. Double yes.

Pineapple drenched in rum. Yes to the infinity.

Here's what we made on our first grilling night.

Grilled romaine: Get a head of romaine. Slice lengthwise. Brush on olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill, cut side down for 3 minutes. It is amazing. Eat it.




Ok, I ended up with these awesome rainbow vegetable skewers completely by accident. Really it was because I was in a hurry, not because I knew what I was doing.

My mom was chopping the veggies, so I just put them on the skewer as each piece was cut instead of waiting for them all to be chopped and mixing them up. I have to say, I'm so glad I was impatient.




Grilled vegetable skewers. Hmmm - pretty much the same recipe. Chop, brush with olive oil, salt and pepper, and grill for 5-10 minutes depending on how done you like your peppers. Oh and soak your skewers in water for 30 minutes before you fill them up with veggies to avoid the blackened/burnt/fire skewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment