Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Where did you go?!

Long time no blog. Most mom bloggers stop writing because they are pregnant and feel crappy.


I'm not pregnant. I was just off having way too much fun to sit down and write posts for you people.

Here's a little bit about what we were doing.


We drove to Michigan.


With a 13 month old.



Who thinks the car is trying to kill her and the carseat is there to strangle her to death.



It was 1600 miles round trip.

Here's a quick run down of how we survived...
  • I sat in the back with her
  • Snacks
  • Hidden toys
  • Endless imagination which included new games such as Towel Head and Hair Elastic On Foot
  • Kids music
  • More snacks (they were that important)

My favorite part of the ride were the great road signs we encountered. I feel like when a crazy road sign is about to come up, there should be a courtesy road sign before it letting you know to get your camera.





But since courtesy warning signs don't exist, and we flew right by the two best highway signs I've ever seen...I will have to draw you pictures instead. 


I know you are excited. 


So maybe 80% of the country is used to these signs. I'm fairly well traveled and I have never seen one like this before. 


Ignore the fact that my bears look like pigs and hippos. WHY ARE THERE SO MANY BEARS?! 

I've seen bear crossing signs with one bear. But this is a flock of bears. I just learned that a group of bears is actually called a Sleuth. My bear knowledge is obviously lacking. Do bears even travel like this? Can a mamma bear have 3 cubs? Can someone who knows something about bears please enlighten me. Excuse me while I go watch the nature channel.



Sign number two was only slightly more terrifying. 






Thanks for the heads up.



Yannos and I are pretty in love with our Michigan trip. Our time in Midland with family was wonderfully relaxing and the wedding in Traverse City was gorgeous.





Zoe learned how to walk










We ate pheasant






I got Zoe to wear a headband
 





The view was to die for





We got to hang out at a lake







We ate the best cherries known to man







We didn't run out of gas!!

Zoe was taking a wonderful nap and we really did not want to wake her up. It was risky business.


1 comment:

  1. Ms. Misitzis,
    It's sort of rude that you only put pictures of of this kid smiling. Unless she's ALWAYS smiling......

    ReplyDelete