Friday, January 18, 2013

Speaking of fireplaces...

If you have been reading a while and you are super observant, you may have noticed that our fireplace has changed quite a bit.

I'm sure exactly zero people know what I am talking about.

In the background of one of our Halloween posts, you can see that our fireplace used to look like this...



Actually, it used to look worse than this because it had a giant brass glass door that I ripped out the first day we moved in. Let's zoom in on the weird mosaic broken tile.







I saw these tiles at Costco and thought they were beautiful.
I had ideas, but I couldn't physically execute them.




Enter our hero! Steve! He knows how to do EVERYTHING and does it all perfectly. I should start a little thing, "Stuff in our house that Steve has made awesome." Catchy, no?

We laid out the tiles on the floor and came up with a pattern that looked nice with the color variations.





And now, it looks like this!!




See how much nicer the floor tiles are? He made a new little molding threshold and everything.

Isn't it pretty?





1 comment:

  1. Ashley, you are too kind. I had lots of help, tons of support, as well as good food and great libations for motivation. I sure am glad that my amateur work passes as "perfect" in your house! It is rewarding to do things that are appreciated.

    Thanks,

    Steve

    ReplyDelete