Thursday, February 19, 2015

4/52 A Part of Me

"To me, you are still nothing more than a little boy who is just like a hundred thousand other little boys. And I have no need of you. And you, on your part, have no need of me. To you I am nothing more than a fox like a hundred thousand other foxes. But if you tame me, then we shall need each other. To me, you will be unique in all the world. To you, I shall be unique in all the world..."

Antoine de Saint-ExupéryThe Little Prince



These figurines were spotted in a small store in Paris and bought years later as the cake toppers for our wedding cake. They sit on a shelf in our bedroom and put smiles on our faces. 



But then, looking at a wider picture of the shelves, it is filled with things that are a part of us. Representations of our love and life together. 





A statue of a girl pulling a boy up or a boy holding up a girl, depending on the day. 
Candle holders that were bought on our first trip to Greece 11 years ago that we split up so each of us could have one and weren't reunited until we moved into together after getting married. 
Two little crystal turtles. 
People playing in the rain together, a piece of art bought on our second trip to Greece in 2013

Everything here is a part of us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment