Wednesday, August 17, 2011

New Obsession: Pinterest

I heard about the website Pinterest a couple of months ago and never got around to checking it out. Last week, my sister-in-law wanted to show me a picture and she pulled it up in an instant by just going to her pinterest board. No searching the web for the picture. No looking through email to find the link. No figuring out which bookmarked website had that particular picture. I was in love.

As soon as I got home, I signed up. I am the type of person who can't stand disorganization. Which is crazy coming from the girl who couldn't see her bedroom floor in high school because of all the clothes strewn about (I love using the word strewn). When I come across things online that I want to remember, I save the link to one of my 19 categorized bookmarks. This website just eliminated the need for my crazy bookmark system.

It's basically a virtual bulletin board. If there is a picture that you want to have access to, you just press the 'pin it' button that you add to your computer's toolbar and - voila!

Our bathroom is being remodeled right now, so a lot of decisions have to be made. Before Pinterest, I was emailing my mom things like this to show her a faucet/tile/vanity...
 
"Go to this link...Scroll down to the 3rd row and it's the 2nd picture from the left."

Annoying right? Now, she just follows my bathroom remodel board and can see pictures of anything I come across that I'm thinking about using in the new bathroom.

Problem solved. Thank you Pinterest.

Wanna see my Pinterest boards? My personal favorite is Operation Organization Obsession. As if I needed more ways to be obsessively organized.

No comments:

Post a Comment