Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Heroes In A Half Shell

The year was 2006. Yannos was living in Boston and I was on my 2nd clinical in Fishersville, VA. Where is that? Exactly. I walked into the local Goodwill on a mission to find a yellow jumpsuit. What did I find within 10 minutes? The clothing for Yannos's costume and a beige jumpsuit, which I dyed the perfect yellow. Accessories from CVS and a fun art project to make the neon microphone look a little more real and BAM...



Raphael and April from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles



I made his shell out of a cheap drawstring backpack and masking tape colored with a magic marker. My goodness that sounds ghetto.
A: We were on a budget and B: I was super busy at my clinical and literally got everything about 36 hours before we dressed up. I didn't think it looked too terrible.



I did however leave enough time to dye my hair, which is the one and only time my hair has ever been dyed. It was pretty fun to have red hair. I wanted to cut it to the right length, but our wedding was in a year and I was desperately trying to grow it out.




I think I did a pretty sweet job for 36 hours and probably 30 dollars for the both of us. Did I mention that when I was a child I wanted to change my name to April? My mom thought it was because I was born in that month and I had little imagination. Turtle power!


No comments:

Post a Comment