Tuesday, December 27, 2011

G-L-A-M-O-R-O-U-S

Let's get in the mood first


Thanks Fergie. By the way, I thought she said "Flouncy, flouncy" but she does not. She says "Flossy, flossy" which I had to look up. Urban Dictionary to the rescue - again.

Flossy: showily stylish; excessively ornamented or fancy.

The point is. Turns out being a mother doesn't feel so flossy.


I'm not sure how my days could be predictable and unpredictable at the same time. I do the same things everyday. Wake up, feed the baby, play, read, nap, repeat. Every day is the same, but nothing ever happens the same way twice. 3 hour nap, 30 minute nap, no nap. Every morning Zoe spends about 10 minutes of naked time in her crib. She has done this nearly everyday for 6 months. She rolls around, talks to herself, and realizes she has toes. It usually looks like this...



Super adorable. But recently Zoe started solids. Which looks like this...


This is a whole new phase in baby world. Most of the time it is fun, but it is a lot more work in some ways than the first 6 months of her life. More cleaning, more preparation, more laundry, more poop. Back to that naked crib time.


Here's how I found her the other day.



How can a baby be so happy sliding around in her own poop? When I found her, first I said a curse word. Then I said, I have to go get my camera. She was way too happy for me to be upset about the situation. Maybe the life of a mom is more glamorous than I thought.

glam·or·ous: adjective

1. full of glamor; charmingly or fascinatingly attractive, especially in a mysterious or magical way.
2. full of excitement, adventure, and unusual activity. 

Often times, the second definition is perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment