Friday, February 24, 2012

Homemade King Cake!

I made a king cake. FOR REAL! In 29 years of Mardi Gras - I have never seen a homemade king cake. Ever.

Here is the recipe I used from allrecipes.com


I have also never seen raisins in a king cake, but it had good reviews so I was willing to give it a try.

Hey look! Pictures. Since photos = more fun.



Roll the dough


Spread the filling


Roll it up!


Put it on the pan


Make the frosting



Frost it


Make a ginormous mess!
 

Admire it



This was seriously delicious. It had a very authentic flavor. The recipe I used didn't color the frosting, but I would be sad if it wasn't purple, green, and gold. I just divided the frosting into 3 parts, then added 2 drops of food coloring to each bowl (1 blue and 1 red to make the purple). I actually preferred it over the one we ordered from Randazzo's. I will make it again for sure. Actually, I wish I had more now.

No comments:

Post a Comment