Our favorite summer soup. Nice and light, but plenty filling.
- 1 package firm tofu
- 2 (14 ounce) cans coconut milk
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger root
- 4 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro or basil (or both)
Bring coconut milk and water to a boil. Add cubed tofu. Reduce heat. Add ginger, fish sauce, lime juice, cayenne powder and turmeric. Simmer 10 to 15 minutes. Sprinkle with scallions and fresh cilantro/basil and serve steaming hot.