Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Raising Ari-who?

This is it - the final Halloween themed post of 2011. It's been a fun month recounting all of our costumes from years past. Here is the list:

2004: Mario Gang
2006: Raphael and April
2008: Borat and Ali G
2009: Waldo and Carmen San Diego

What about those missing years you say? Gosh, you're so curious. 2005 I was Betty from the Flintstones. I made my costume from 1 piece of blue fabric, a black ribbon, and a shell using a glue gun. It was pretty sweet. Here is one of the only pictures.



2007 I was in NC and Yannos was in Philly. I didn't dress up. I actually don't even remember Halloween that year. I must have been busy graduating from grad school and planning a wedding. 2010 I was pregnant and throwing up like it was my job. When you spend your days puking your guts out - Halloween costumes are low priority. Onward to 2011! Drum-roll please...

For the past month, I have been asked every day what Zoe was going to be for Halloween. I would say, "a baby" and watch people get so sad. Obviously, they were expecting something much more interesting than that. Basically, I didn't care about Zoe having a cute costume at all. I needed to use her for the greater good.

If you haven't seen the movie Raising Arizona, then you should probably do that immediately. It's a Coen brothers film from 1987 with Nicolas Cage and Holly Hunter. Here's the summary from IMDB, "When a childless couple of an ex-con and an ex-cop decide to help themselves to one of another family's quintupelets, their lives get more complicated than they anticipated." Here's a clip from the beginning on the movie.

Here is Nicolas Cage as H.I. McDunnough


And here is Yannos as H.I. McDonough


Can we talk about those side burns? My favorite thing about his facial hair is that he had to wear it at work for a week because we had 2 Halloween parties on 2 different weekends. He got called all sorts of inaccurate things that week. Here are a few favorites: Taco stand worker, pizzeria owner, German dictator, and homeless. Also included were some good guesses, such as...

Magnum P.I.


Burt Reynolds


Earl





 That hair growing took some dedication. Me on the other hand. I just needed to look like a cop.



Done and done



Really, no one knew who we were at all, which is always nice. The up to no good teens in the neighborhood thought I was a real cop, and freaked out when I walked up behind them. I guess to teens doing something wrong, a cop is maybe the scariest Halloween costume of them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment